So you want to build big muscles? You wanna DESTROY like Conan? Simple isn’t it? Just join a gym and hit those weights regularly, get your swoll on and viola, in a couple of months, you will gain so much muscle mass that you are ready to take on any bodybuilding contest! …Or ”destroy” the world… Is it really that simple to build big muscles? Hell no! To gain muscle mass, there is much more than just hitting the gym regularly. Here are some muscle mass gaining tips :-
1) Eat and Eat – To build muscles, you MUST eat. Your calorie consumption must be MORE than your calorie expenditure. If you expand all the calories you have eaten, then where are the calories to build muscles?
2) Protein – Make sure that you eat enough protein. You should eat at least one gram of protein per pound of your body weight everyday if you want to gain muscle mass fast. If you don’t get enough protein, your muscles won’t grow.
3) Supplement – If you cannot have adequate protein from your normal meals, supplement with protein shakes. OH! YUCK–I KNOW! If you want more strength so that you can lift heavier weights to achieve greater muscle mass, take Creatine supplement.
4) Weight Training – You MUST lift with heavy weights and to add on more weight consistently to progressively build your muscles. But it is very important not to sacrifice correct lifting techniques and form for the sake of lifting heavier. (I’ll have another post on that for you, later.)
5) Lift Free Weights – Use free weights like dumbells and barbells to recruit more muscle fibers so that more muscle fibers can be worked on.
6) Compound Exercises – Work with compound exercises like bench presses, squats, barbell rows, chin ups and dead lifts to build larger muscle mass. If you concentrate on working your puny muscles like your biceps, then you will only obtain puny muscle growth.
7) Get Enough Rest – Have rest days in between your workout days and DO NOT work the same muscle group more than twice a week. Your muscles need to recover from your workouts in order to become larger. Seriously, it’s really common sense; work hard, recover… work hard, recover… over and OVER again!
8) Get Enough Sleep – Sleep at least 8 hours a day. More even better. Your muscles grow when you sleep.
If you practice the above 8 steps consistently, your muscles will grow… relatively quickly–and of course big! Of course there are many more things you can do to achieve a competitive bodybuilder’s physique of which I cannot cover in just an article here. So do research for more knowledge. If you you’re not having any luck, just come back! I should have somethin’ for ya by the next time you visit! Deuces!